OPPORTUNITIES AFTER RECRUITMENT IN PHYSICAL DESIGN
After Successful completion of the training program, sponsored candidates can get jobs in consortium companies, to start with as an engineer trainee and then as engineers in the respective domain after one year. Normally, a fresher is given the work in ECO phase of Physical design or Place & route. As the candidate gains experience, the candidate moves into other domains based on candidate’s expertise and available opportunities at that time. The candidate progressively moves up the ladder and becomes an experienced professional.
The main job functions in the industry can be any of the following:
- ECO Engineering
- Place & Route Engineering
- Static Timing Analysis and Timing-closure
- Front-end and back-end Implementation
- Power Analysis
- Low power Design Engineering
- Physical verification
- Signal Integrity
- Design For Manufacturing
- Library Development and Characterization
- VLSI CAD/Methodology development Engineering
- Package Engineering
The candidate can grow competently to the positions of Senior Engineer, Project Lead, Manager, etc. in the career.