SAMPLE QUESTIONS – Artificial Intelligence
- 90 people applied for a job as a salesperson for a book publishing company. 10 of the applicants had never worked in sales or in publishing business. 65 had worked in sales at some point and 58 had some background in publishing.How many of the applicants had experience in both sales and publishing ?
- If one worker can complete a job in 6 days and a second worker can complete the same job in 12 days, how long will it take if both work together ?
- Ram and Shyam went to purchase a book from a bookshop. Unfortunately,neither of them had enough money, though both had some money . Ram realized he was Rs 2 short of the price of the book, while Shyam was Rs 24 short of the price. When they put their money together , even then they did not have enough money to buy the book. What was the price of the book ?
- A train passes a station in 36 s and a man standing on the platform in 20 s. If the speed of the train is 15 meters/sec the length of the platform is ———-.
- If x is 80% of y, then what percent of 2x is y ?
1. There are 3 arrangements of the word MOM, namely MOM, OMM, and MMO. How many arrangements are there of the word PROBABILITY? _______________
2. Two coins are tossed, the probability that two heads are obtained is ________________
3. Given the data set [4 , 10 , 7 , 7 , 6 , 9 , 3 , 8 , 9]; The mean = ___________, median=_________, mode=_________ and standard deviation=__________. If we replace the data value 6 in the data set above by 24, what will happen to new standard deviation vis-a-vis Old Standard deviation? ______________________
4. If A and B are 3×3 matrices. Specify the following
a) A*B=B*A. Is it True ________
b) (A*B)*A = A*(B*A). Is it True ________
c) if C = A*B, c is a 6×6 matrix. Is it True ________
d) A*B=B*A for any matrix A and B. Is it True ________
5. The function f(x) = x3 – 6x2 + 9x + 25 has a maxima at x = 3 and a minima at x = 1. Is it True? _______________________
6. In SQL, movie and image files are stored as what data type? ________________________
7. What type of join is needed when you wish to include rows that do not have matching values?______________
1) Mark which word does NOT belong with the others?
A. inch ( )
B. ounce ( )
C. centimetre ( )
D. yard ( )
2) Statements: All mangoes are golden in colour. No golden-coloured things are cheap.
(I) All mangoes are cheap.
(II) Golden-coloured mangoes are not cheap.
Mark True or False
A. Only conclusion I follows: _____________
B. Only conclusion II follows: _____________
C. Either I or II follows: _____________
D. Neither I nor II follows: _____________
E. Both I and II follow: _____________
(I) The prices of petrol and diesel in the domestic market have remained unchanged for the past few months.
(II) The crude oil prices in the international market have gone up substantially in the last few months.
Mark True or False
A. Statement I is the cause and statement II is its effect: ___________________
B. Statement II is the cause and statement I is its effect: ___________________
C. Both the statements I and II are independent causes: ___________________
D. Both the statements I and II are effects of independent causes: ___________________
E. Both the statements I and II are effects of some common cause: ___________________
4) Tanya is older than Eric. Cliff is older than Tanya. Eric is older than Cliff. If the first two statements are true, the third statement is _______________
5) Due to enormous profits involved in smuggling, hundreds of persons have been attracted towards this anti-national activity. Some of them became millionaires overnight. India has a vast coastline both on the Eastern and Western Coast. It has been a heaven for smugglers who have been carrying on their activities with great impunity. There is no doubt, that from time to time certain seizures were made by the enforcement authorities, during raids and ambush but even allowing these losses the smugglers made huge profits. The passage best supports the statement that (Mark the statement)
A. smuggling hampers the economic development of a nation ( )
B. smuggling ought to be curbed ( )
C. authorities are taking strict measures to curb smuggling ( )
D. smuggling is fast increasing in our country owing to the quick profit it entails ( )
1) The output of the following program is _____________
y = 8
z = lambda x : x * y
2) Write the output of the following program _______________
print 0.1 + 0.2 == 0.3